Darlington Excellence in
Serving the public and private schools in
2013 Darlington EIE Fund Advisory Board
Michele Crowley, Chair
2012 Darlington EIE Awards
In November the Darlington EIE made more than $10,700 grant awards:
To the School District of Darlington:
- American Players Theatre Trip for the high school
- Tour of Historical Pendarvis for elementary school
- Voice Amplification System for middle and elementary schools
- Guitar class for the middle school
- Health & Science enhancements for 7th and 8th grades
- Spanish reading books for the high school
- Classroom library for the high school
To Families First New Beginnings of Lafayette County:
- Importance of Sensory Play
To Holy Rosary School:
- Technology - Smart Board Pens
- Listening Center for 2nd Grade
The Darlington Excellence in Education (EIE) Fund was established in 2003 from a bequest of Dr. Lyle Olson. The Fund serves both public and private schools in the Darlington area. It aims to inspire teachers and students at all levels to accomplish their very best by encouraging and promoting creative and innovative educational programs and recognizing and rewarding outstanding achievement.
Since its founding, the Darlington EIE Fund has given more than $40,000 back to area educational institutions.
Donations to the Darlington EIE Fund are welcome at any time of the year. All gifts are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Make an online donation or mail a check to the following:
Darlington Excellence in Education Fund
P.O. Box 733
Monroe, WI 53566
Visit the Ways to Give section of this website for information on planning your gift.
Once per year the advisory board awards grants to the local school district for projects and/or programs that fall outside of the confines of the District's operating budget. Grants are awarded at a ceremony in November.
Annual grant application deadline: October 15
(When the date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be
the next business day.)