Seven awards will be presented at the 9th Annual Crawford County Leadership Awards program, organized by the advisory board to the Crawford County Community Fund.
The event, honoring the awardees, will be held on Thursday, April 25, 2019, in Prairie du Chien at Crossing Rivers Health Center. It will begin with an hors d’oeuvres and dessert reception at 6:30 p.m. followed by the program at 7 p.m. The public is encouraged to attend and is asked to RSVP by Monday, April 15, 2019 to Lori Bekkum, Crawford County Community Fund Advisory Board chair (608-412-0673 or [email protected]).
Those persons, businesses and/or organizations being honored in their respective categories include:
- Business Development Award – to Driftless Brewing Company, Soldiers Grove and the leadership team of Scott Noe, Cynthia Olmstead, Chris Balistreri, and Michael Varnes-Epstein;
- Above & Beyond Awards (2) – to Ellen Brooks and to Brad Niemcek;
- Tourism Award – to the Village of Gays Mills Event Committee for their organization of Applefest;
- Leadership and Service Award – to Kathy Quamme;
- Educational Leadership Award – to Robert Ghormley; and
- Outstanding Youth Leader Award – to Grace Corlis (North Crawford).
Dr. Timothy Dale, associate professor and chair of the department of political science and public administration at UW-La Crosse and a political analyst, is the featured speaker.
The Crawford County Community Fund, a component of the Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin, was established in 2008. The Fund currently holds an endowment of nearly $140,000, using the earnings to make annual grants. The CCCF also organizes and administers the Crawford Markets Care program, which provides vouchers/coupons to Crawford County food pantry clients to make fresh produce purchases at Crawford County Farmer’s Markets.
Community members, organizations and businesses may donate to the Crawford County Community Fund by sending a check to Crawford County Community Fund, PO Box 13, Seneca, Wisconsin 54654-0013. Donations are tax deductible, to the limits of the law. For more information, contact Barb Daus, donor services representative for the Crawford County Community Fund, at (608)778-3344 or [email protected]