Are You Eligible for a Community Fund Grant?
Check the following:
- Applications are considered for projects or programs that provide a direct benefit to the people of a respective community as defined by the school district boundary.
- The applicant should be a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
- If your organization is not a 501(c)3 but you believe your program has a charitable purpose, please contact us.
- Individuals are not eligible for community fund grants.
For details on priority areas of funding and potential grant award amounts, please visit our staff page and contact the donor services representative for your area.
Preparing for the Grant Application
Community fund grant applicants are encouraged to start gathering information for the next grant cycle long before the application deadline. Below is a list of items that you will need to complete the application:
- Organization’s Federal ID number.
- Copy of organization’s 990 for the most recent year.
- Copy of organization’s actual income and expense statements for current fiscal year.
- Background information on the applicant organization including date established, number of full-time employees, number of regular volunteers, description of mission, population served and principal geographic area.
- Fiscal information on the applicant organization including dates of fiscal year, amount of endowment or reserve funds, total operating expenses for past fiscal year, and current year budget.
- Your board’s approval of the project request
- Your board’s approval of an equal opportunity employment policy for your organization.
- Detailed project budget.
- Full description of the project including identification of the problem or need that the project addresses, the project goals, the audience served, the geographical location served, and other sources of support.
How to Submit an Application
The Community Foundation has a NEW online grant application process! We hope you find this easy to use.
Upon submission, you will receive an e-mail message confirming that we have received your application.
All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date.
No submissions via mail, email or fax will be accepted.