What We Do
The Community Foundation is a repository for more than 700 charitable funds worth more than $50 million. Each of these funds was created by donors to enhance the quality of life in Southern Wisconsin. We service these funds by managing the investment, encouraging and supporting additions, overseeing the disbursement of grants and scholarships, and managing the requisite government paperwork.
The Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin serves communities in nine Southern Wisconsin counties: Crawford, Grant, Green, Iowa, Lafayette, Rock, Sauk, Vernon, and Walworth. We provide services to donors, non-profit organizations, and students in each of these counties.
Matching Personal Philanthropy With Community Need.
We will be there. For good. For ever.
To fulfill our mission, we provide services to:
- Charitable Donors, making a difference in their communities through their charitable gifts.
- Non-Profit Organizations, including schools and governmental bodies, seeking support for projects and programs.
- Students seeking scholarships.
We assist donors by helping them create charitable funds to support the causes of their choice. “Donors” include individuals, organizations, and informal groups united for a common purpose. We also bring information about community needs to the attention of our donors.
We assist non-profit organizations through our competitive grantmaking program which provides a variety of opportunities for these organizations to receive financial support. We also assist non-profit organizations in the creation of funds solely for the support of their organization.
We assist students by serving as a scholarship resource for both high school graduates and older students. Each year the Community Foundation makes nearly 400 scholarship awards across the Southern Wisconsin region. Our scholarship listings are a valuable tool for students seeking support for post-high school education.
Our Guiding Principles and Core Values
- All citizens of Southern Wisconsin deserve a respected, trustworthy and approachable steward of their funds.
- The Community Foundation serves as a catalyst for improving the quality of life in our region.
- Our work will foster inclusivity.
- In promoting open dialog, creating strategic alliances, and sharing knowledge.
- In acting with integrity and accountability to our communities.
- In offering opportunities to empower donors and recipients.
The Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, or any other protected class under applicable federal, state or local law in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, selection of vendors, and provision of services.