Nominations are invited for the 9th Annual Crawford County Leadership Awards. Sponsored by the Crawford County Community Fund, the program recognizes individuals, organizations or businesses that have helped make Crawford County a better place to live, work and play. Anyone may make a nomination; self-nominations are welcome.
Nominees are requested in the following categories:
• Community Leadership and Service – recognizes an individual, business or organization that has demonstrated a commitment to the Crawford County area through public service that enhances the economic, cultural or social well-being of their community.
• Tourism Award – presented to an individual, business or organization that has demonstrated a commitment to the enhancement of Crawford County through tourism development and promotion.
• Outstanding Youth Leadership – awarded to a young person, age 13 to 22, living in Crawford County, who has demonstrated outstanding leadership with the potential for positive environmental, economic and/or social impact.
• Above and Beyond Award – presented to an individual, business or organization that has demonstrated “out of the box” thinking and activity that promotes regionalism, cooperation among communities or organizations, creative strategies or innovative approaches to long-term problems, or diversity awareness.
• Business Development Award – recognizes an individual, business or organization that has demonstrated a spirit of community involvement focused on the improvement of business and economic development in Crawford County.
• Educational Leadership Award – awarded to an individual, business, or organization who has designed a specific project and/or educational initiative that has demonstrated a commitment to the Crawford County area in support of furthering excellence in education or fostering strong school/community relationships.
In speaking of the program, Lori Bekkum, CCCF advisory board chair noted, “This annual awards program provides an opportunity for all of us to celebrate the people, organizations, and businesses in our county who invest their time, talent, and resources to make our region a great place to live, work and play. For our experience over the past 8 years, we know that these people and groups work on behalf of all of us, expecting no recognition. We also know the pride that ensues by highlighting the good that is happening around us. Take a few moments and think about your community. Then, take action and make a nomination today.”
There are a variety of ways to submit nominations. You can find the nomination form by clicking here. There is information about and photos of previous recipients on the page as well as the link to the nomination form. Nomination forms are also available at the public libraries in the county, from Crawford County Community Fund advisory board members or by emailing [email protected]. Completed nominations may be mailed to CCCF Leadership Awards, PO Box 13, Seneca WI 54654 or scanned and emailed to [email protected]. The deadline for receipt of nominations is Friday, March 1, 2019.
The Crawford County Community Fund is a component of the Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. For questions and/or further information about the Fund and the Leadership Awards program, contact CCCF board chair Lori Bekkum ([email protected]) or CFSW Donor Services Rep Barb Daus ([email protected] or 608-778-3344).