Get To Know Us
The Darlington Excellence in Education (EIE) Fund was established in 2003 from a bequest of Dr. Lyle Olson. The Fund serves both public and private schools in the Darlington area. It aims to inspire teachers and students at all levels to accomplish their very best by encouraging and promoting creative and innovative educational programs and recognizing and rewarding outstanding achievement.
Learn About Our EIE Grants
Gifts to Excellence in Education funds are an investment in quality education for today’s students and future generations. Private resources allow for educational programming not typically funded by tax dollars.
Your gift can be a lasting and meaningful way of recognizing a special person or event in the life of your family, organization or business, or as a statement that you value education today and into the future. Donations to any EIE Fund are welcome at any time of the year. All gifts are tax deductible.
The Impact of the Darlington Excellence in Education Fund
- Darlington Community School District, Reading Corners for DEMS, $1,000
- American Players Theater Field Trip, $930
- Peter and the Wolf ballet, $326Darlington Community Schools, Classroom Audio, $1,237
- Omniklin: Innovative balls & games, $700
- PBIS incentives for the 5/6 students, $370
- Rosie Bags, $1,500
- Sensory Pathways, $1,199
- Holy Rosary Catholic School, Smart TV, $880
- Johnson Public Library, Mad Scientist Lab, $335
2019 Total: $8,477
Apply For a Grant
Give the Gift of Education
c/o Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin
Gift Processing Center
P.O. Box 733
Monroe, WI 53566
Advisory Board Members
The Fund is advised by a committee of community volunteers who serve independently of the school district. The advisory board initiates fundraising activities and determines annual grant awards:Michele Crowley, Chair