Get To Know Us
The North Crawford Excellence in Education Fund and the North Crawford Scholarship Fund serve as vehicles to solicit, receive, coordinate and distribute charitable funds.
The Advisory Board, which is independent of the school board and school administration, works to grow core endowment funds while distributing 1) earnings to worthy, school-related projects, and 2) scholarships to students pursuing post-secondary education.
These philanthropic dollars allow teachers to be more innovative, students to excel in areas not typically funded by tax dollars, and the community to benefit through better prepared citizens.
We invite you to make a difference in the life of a child. Your contribution benefits the North Crawford School District to improve the quality of life in and for the entire school community. Your gift to the North Crawford Excellence in Education Fund and/or the North Crawford Scholarship Fund is a lasting and meaningful remembrance.
Your gift can:
- Honor the memory of a loved one;
- Recognize a favorite teacher or other influential person in your life;
- Celebrate a class reunion (you can even consider a joint class gift);
- Mark a special occasion such as a retirement, anniversary, birthday, promotion; and/or
- Create a legacy to celebrate any event in your life or the life of your family
Learn About Our EIE Grants
Gifts to Excellence in Education funds are an investment in quality education for today’s students and future generations. Private resources allow for educational programming not typically funded by tax dollars.
Your gift can be a lasting and meaningful way of recognizing a special person or event in the life of your family, organization or business, or as a statement that you value education today and into the future. Donations to any EIE Fund are welcome at any time of the year. All gifts are tax deductible.
The Impact of the North Crawford Excellence in Education Fund
- Arm Us With Literature: Read Alouds For Social Emotional Development. Proposed by Amanda Killeen, this award of $480 will support the development of a resource collection of readily available focused read alouds that target specific social and emotional skills and is for use by all elementary students and teachers.
- Expanding Expression. Submitted by Mendy Biege, this $241 grant will be used to purchase ‘expanding expression tools’ for use at the elementary level to assist students in expanding their thinking and their descriptions of items during their sharing times.
- Equipment for Bal-A-Vis-X. Proposed by Marcee Murray King, this $499 grant will be used to purchase equipment for staff training to implement Bal-A-Vis-X: an intervention tool that helps students with self-regulation, focus, attention, community building and trauma.
2018-19 Total: $1,220
Apply For a Grant
Give the Gift of Education
Gift Processing Center
PO Box 81
Platteville, WI 53818
Donor Services Representative
Advisory Board Members
The Fund is advised by a committee of community volunteers who serve independently of the school district. The advisory board initiates fundraising activities and determines annual grant awards:Chuck Bolstad, Chair
Rick Busch, Vice Chair
Margaret Davidson, Secretary
Brandon Munson, District Administrator, Ex-Officio