Get To Know Us
In 2011, a group of committed volunteer advisory board members reached a fundraising goal of $50,000 in just 51 days to establish the Benton Community Fund. Charter donors to the Fund include the Benton State Bank, the City of Benton, the Benton Community Development Corporation, and several generous community members.
The Benton Community Fund was established to provide a permanent endowment for the support of the community. Using a portion of its earnings, the Fund annually awards grants to local organizations striving to improve and enhance life in Benton.
The BCF is a component fund of the Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin.
Learn About Our Grants
Check Out Our Impact: Grant Awards
- Benton Community Development Corp, Swindler’s Ridge roof repair, $1,045
- Benton Fire Department, Training upgrade and helmet light project, $3,958
- Benton First Responders, Purchase of pagers, $1,700
- Benton Public Library, Preserving our past project: WI newspaper archive, $2,910
- Seniors United for Nutrition, Commercial 2-door refrigerator, $2,500
- Southwest WI Technical College Foundation, fuel a charger program, $300
- Benton School District, clear touch panel purchase, $4,614
- Benton School District, Electric wall projection screen, $1,107
2019 Total: $18,134
Apply For A Grant
Tips and tools for you to use as you prepare your application. Print out this PDF as you prepare your grant for a quick checklist of your progress.
Invest In Your Community
c/o Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin
Gift Processing Center
P.O. Box 733
Monroe, WI 53566
Advisory Board Members
The Fund is advised by a committee of community volunteers who initiate fundraising activities and determine grant awards:Jill Knight, Chair