About the Fund
In 2011, a group of committed volunteer advisory board members reached a fundraising goal of $50,000 in just 51 days to establish the Benton Community Fund. Charter donors to the Fund include the Benton State Bank, the City of Benton, the Benton Community Development Corporation, and several generous community members.
The Benton Community Fund was established to provide a permanent endowment for the support of the community. Using a portion of its earnings, the Fund annually awards grants to local organizations striving to improve and enhance life in Benton.
The BCF is a component fund of the Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin.
About our Grants
Recent Grant Awards
- Benton Fire Department, Air Tank Upgrade
- Benton First Responders, AED Upgrade
- Benton School District, Clear Touch Panel
- Save the Red Church, Door Project
- Hazel Green Area Rescue Squad, LifePak
- SUN Program, Commercial Dishwasher
- SW CAP, Mobile Food Pantry
- Village of Benton, Enhance BCDC Park
2021 Total: $25,000
Apply For A Grant
Tips and tools for you to use as you prepare your application. Print out this PDF as you prepare your grant for a quick checklist of your progress.
Invest In Your Community
c/o Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin
Gift Processing Center
P.O. Box 8125
Janesville, WI 53547-8125
Advisory Board Members
The Fund is advised by a committee of community volunteers who initiate fundraising activities and determine grant awards:Jill Knight, Chair