Get To Know Us
The Crawford County Community Fund was established in 2008 as a permanent endowment for the benefit of the County. The Fund’s mission is to support economic development in the County. Once per year, a portion of the Fund’s earnings are returned to area communities in the form of grants for projects consistent with the Fund’s mission.
A unique project of the Fund is the annual Leadership Awards ceremony which recognizes citizens whose efforts advance the county’s quality of life.
Please nominate Crawford County leaders for the 2020 Crawford County Community Fund Leadership Awards! Nominations are due by March 1 with the awards presented on Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 6:30 pm at Crossing Rivers Health, 37868 US-18, Prairie du Chien, WI. Stay tuned for more details!
The Fund is led by a volunteer advisory board who initiates fundraising activities, promotes the Fund’s mission, and determines the annual leadership and grant awards.
Family of Funds
The following charitable fund has been established to support the charitable goals of the donor for the community:
- Crawford Markets Care
Learn About Our Grants
Check Out Our Impact: Grant Awards
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of La Crosse in support of the Crawford County Domestic Abuse Program ($500)
- CouleeCap’s Homelessness Prevention Program in Crawford County ($500)
- Mississippi Valley Conservancy to support the MVC 2019-2020 Trail Trek Challenge and specifically to promote hiking on the trails in Crawford County ($500)
- 2019-2020 Bluffview Elementary 6th grade outdoor education program ($500)
- Crawford County 4-H New Horse Barn for the County Fairgrounds Project ($1,000)
- Village of Gays Mills for the Village’s comprehensive public/private tree safety and restoration program ($1,000)
- Prairie Du Chien Area School District Arts Midwest World Fest and specifically for the March 2019 appearance of a performing group from Norway ($1,000)
- North Crawford School Wellness Committee, to further the District’s Strong Bodies Initiative ($1,200)
- School District of Seneca SHARE Youth Leadership to assist with the 21st Annual Holiday Gift Basket Program ($1,300)
2018 Total: $7,500
Apply For A Grant
Tips and tools for you to use as you prepare your application. Print out this PDF as you prepare your grant for a quick checklist of your progress.
Invest In Your Community
P.O. Box 13
Seneca, WI 54654
Advisory Board Members
The Fund is advised by a committee of community volunteers who initiate fundraising activities and determine grant awards:Lori Bekkum, Chair
Bob Van Hoesen