About the Fund
The Crawford County Community Fund was established in 2008 as a permanent endowment for the benefit of the County. The Fund’s mission is to support economic development in the County. Once per year, a portion of the Fund’s earnings are returned to area communities in the form of grants for projects consistent with the Fund’s mission.
The Fund is led by a volunteer advisory board who initiates fundraising activities, promotes the Fund’s mission, and determines the annual leadership and grant awards.
Family of Funds
The following charitable funds have been established to support the charitable goals of the donors for the community:
- Crawford Community Fund
- Crawford Markets Care
About our Grants
Recent Grant Awards
- Couleecap, Inc., Homeless Prevention Program
- Village of Ferryville, Continue & Expand use of the SNAP Card food stamp program
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council, Inc., Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- Mississippi Valley Conservancy, Miscellaneous Improvements to the Kickapoo Caverns Interpretive Center
- Prairie du Chien Historical Society, Inc., Installation of a new exhibit
2021 Fall Cycle Total: $8,250
Apply For A Grant
Tips and tools for you to use as you prepare your application. Print out this PDF as you prepare your grant for a quick checklist of your progress.
Invest In Your Community
P.O. Box 81
Platteville, WI 53818-0081
Advisory Board Members
The Fund is advised by a committee of community volunteers who initiate fundraising activities and determine grant awards:Jane Holzhauer, Chair
Kile Martz, Secretary