Get To Know Us
The Crawford County Community Fund was established in 2008 as a permanent endowment for the benefit of the County. The Fund’s mission is to support economic development in the County. Once per year, a portion of the Fund’s earnings are returned to area communities in the form of grants for projects consistent with the Fund’s mission.
A unique project of the Fund is the annual Leadership Awards ceremony which recognizes citizens whose efforts advance the county’s quality of life.
Please nominate Crawford County leaders for the 2020 Crawford County Community Fund Leadership Awards! Nominations are due by March 4 with the awards presented on Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 6:30 pm at Crossing Rivers Health, 37868 US-18, Prairie du Chien, WI. Stay tuned for more details!
The Fund is led by a volunteer advisory board who initiates fundraising activities, promotes the Fund’s mission, and determines the annual leadership and grant awards.
Family of Funds
The following charitable fund has been established to support the charitable goals of the donor for the community:
- Crawford Markets Care
Learn About Our Grants
Check Out Our Impact: Grant Awards
- Wauzeka-Steuben School District, Hornet Cafe Improvement, $1,500
- Mississippi Valley Conservancy, Cardinal Bluff Nature Pres Improve & Environmental Ed Prog, $1,000
- Southwest Wisconsin Technical College Foundation, Fuel A Charger Program, $1,000
- Prairie du Chien Historical Society, Inc., “Help Hold Up the Fort”, $1,000
- Village of De Soto, Downtown Enhancement Project, $500
- Couleecap, Inc., Homeless Prevention Program, $1,000
- Village of Gays Mills, Urban Forestry Revolving Loan Fund, $1,000
- North Crawford School District, Kitchen Equipment, $1,000
- Community Development Alternatives Inc, Economic Development Impact & Internet Needs, $1,000
2019 Fall Cycle Total: $9,000
Apply For A Grant
Tips and tools for you to use as you prepare your application. Print out this PDF as you prepare your grant for a quick checklist of your progress.
Invest In Your Community
P.O. Box 13
Seneca, WI 54654
Advisory Board Members
The Fund is advised by a committee of community volunteers who initiate fundraising activities and determine grant awards:Lori Bekkum, Chair