About the Fund
The Elkhorn Fund was established in 2007 as a means for current and former residents to give back to the community through charitable contributions. Donations to the Elkhorn Fund are placed into a permanent endowment fund. A percentage of the Fund’s earnings are given back to the community annually in the form of grants to Elkhorn-area non-profit organizations.
Grants are awarded to support historical and environmental preservation, education, health care, youth programs and the elderly. The Fund is advised by a board of community volunteers who initiate fundraising activities and determine grant awards.
Family of Funds
The following charitable funds have been established by individuals and organizations to support their charitable goals for the community:
- Lori Genske Fund
About our Grants
Recent Grant Awards
Congratulations to our 2021 grant recipients!
- Elkhorn Area School District, Safe swim lessons
- Hope Now, Inc., Transportation Assistance
- Jackson Elementary PTA, Family Fun Night Dinners
- Rotary Club of Elkhorn Foundation, Operation Warm
- The Walworth County Food Pantry Inc., Women’s Health and Hygiene Project (Karing Kits)
- Tree House Child and Family Center Inc., Linda Priebe Trauma Education and Advocacy Series
- Walworth County Agricultural Society, Inc., Barnyard Adventure Agriculture Education Gardens
- West Side Elementary PTA, “Be My Best” Books
GRANT TOTAL 2021: $11,820
Apply For A Grant
Tips and tools for you to use as you prepare your application. Print out this PDF as you prepare your grant for a quick checklist of your progress.
Invest In Your Community
c/o Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin
121 N. Parker Dr.
Janesville, WI 53545
Advisory Board Members
The Fund is advised by a committee of community volunteers who initiate fundraising activities and determine grant awards:Kate Abbe (co-chair)
Ellen Holly (co-chair)