Get To Know Us
The Elkhorn Fund was established in 2007 as a means for current and former residents to give back to the community through charitable contributions. Donations to the Elkhorn Fund are placed into a permanent endowment fund. A percentage of the Fund’s earnings are given back to the community annually in the form of grants to Elkhorn-area non-profit organizations.
Grants are awarded to support historical and environmental preservation, education, health care, youth programs and the elderly. The Fund is advised by a board of community volunteers who initiate fundraising activities and determine grant awards.
Family of Funds
The following charitable funds have been established by individuals and organizations to support their charitable goals for the community:
- Lori Genske Fund
Learn About Our Grants
Check Out Our Impact: Grant Awards
- Hope Now, Inc, transportation assistance, $2500
- Geneva Lake astrophysics/steam lenss – lakeshore environmental, night sky sensor, $2000
- Jackson Elementary PTA, family fun night dinners, $1500
- Join the Movement Events, Inc., anti-human trafficking education, $1000
- United way of Walworth County, 211 awareness campaign, $750
- Walworth County Association for Home & Community Education, Wisconsin bookworms program, $1000
- Walworth County Food Pantry, Inc., women’s health & hygiene project, $2500
- Walworth County Association for Home & Community Education, stitches of love sewing project, $650
- Walworth County Literacy Council, promotional campaign, $2000
- Elkhorn Food Pantry, Inc., holiday food baskets, $1500
2019 Total: $15,400
Apply For A Grant
Tips and tools for you to use as you prepare your application. Print out this PDF as you prepare your grant for a quick checklist of your progress.
Invest In Your Community
c/o Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin
26 S. Jackson St.
Janesville, WI 53548
Advisory Board Members
The Fund is advised by a committee of community volunteers who initiate fundraising activities and determine grant awards:Kate Abbe (co-chair)
Ellen Holly (co-chair)