Get To Know Us
The Elkhorn Fund was established in 2007 as a means for current and former residents to give back to the community through charitable contributions. Donations to the Elkhorn Fund are placed into a permanent endowment fund. A percentage of the Fund’s earnings are given back to the community annually in the form of grants to Elkhorn-area non-profit organizations.
Grants are awarded to support historical and environmental preservation, education, health care, youth programs and the elderly. The Fund is advised by a board of community volunteers who initiate fundraising activities and determine grant awards.
Family of Funds
The following charitable funds have been established by individuals and organizations to support their charitable goals for the community:
- Lori Genske Fund
Learn About Our Grants
Check Out Our Impact: Grant Awards
- Elkhorn Area Youth Center Inc. — Activity Supplies ($1,500)
- Elkhorn Food Pantry, Inc. — Holiday Food Basket ($1,500)
- Faith Hope & Love — Duffels for Kids ($1,000)
- Hope Now, Inc. — Transportation Assistance ($2,500)
- Jackson Elementary PTA — Family Fun Night Dinners ($1,500)
- Seeds of Hope — Greenhouse ($3,500)
- UW-Cooperative Extension – Walworth County — Making the issues of poverty real by the use of poverty simulations ($2,235)
- Volunteer Connection, Inc. — Christmas Day Community Meal ($750)
- Walworth County Association for Home & Community Education — Wisconsin Bookworms Reading Program ($1,000)
- Walworth County Food Pantry Inc. — Walworth County Diaper Bank ($2,500)
2018 Total: $17,635
Apply For A Grant
Tips and tools for you to use as you prepare your application. Print out this PDF as you prepare your grant for a quick checklist of your progress.
Invest In Your Community
c/o Community Foundation of Southern Wisconsin
26 S. Jackson St.
Janesville, WI 53548
Advisory Board Members
The Fund is advised by a committee of community volunteers who initiate fundraising activities and determine grant awards:Kate Abbe