About the Fund
The Lancaster Community Fund is a permanent unrestricted charitable endowment dedicated to serving the Lancaster community. The Fund provides means for individuals, organizations, and businesses to support their charitable interests. Annually, a portion of the Fund’s earnings are given back to the community in the form of grants that support the elderly, historic preservation, the arts, the environment, and education.
A nine-member volunteer advisory board is responsible for fundraising and the grant distribution process.
Family of Funds
Following is a listing of funds, many of which have been established by individuals or organizations to support their charitable goals for the community:
- Lancaster Community Fund Endowment
- Merlet Family Endowment
- Morse Family Endowment
- Schacht Family Endowment
- Charles “Sonny” Tiedemann Charitable Endowment
- Winskill School Scholastic Endowment
- Roggensack Family Endowment
- Randy Dudler Kid’s Courtyard Endowment
- Gillilan Family Community Fund
- Josephine Morris & Mary Marm Wilson Memorial Endowment
- Douglas and LuAnne Pink Family Charitable Fund
- Making a Difference for Lancaster Youth
- Josephine Pebworth Legacy Endowment Fund
- The Klaas Family Fund
About our Grants
Recent Grant Awards
- The City of Lancaster- the Lancaster Residents Ash Tree Replacement Program.
- Family Promise of Grant County, Inc – a new kitchen floor
- Grant County Historical Society- a new flagpole at the Veterans Memorial in Memorial Park and for the lighting of the Nelson Dewey statue on the Square.
- Lancaster Community Schools- towards the Lancaster High School Science Department.
- Lancaster Community Schools- Games Club Board Game Fund and Equipment Expansion
- Lancaster Community Schools “Fit 4 Life—Safe for Life”
- Lancaster EMS, Inc. for a new portable ventilator.
- Saint Clement School-Playground Improvements
- Southwest Opportunities Center New Flooring Project
Lancaster Excellence in Education 2023 Recipients:
- Making an Impact: Understanding and assessing Phonological Awareness for Lancaster Community Schools
- Professional Camera for Live Streaming & Lens for Quality Pictures
Total Fall Grants Awards: $96,587.25
Apply For A Grant
Tips and tools for you to use as you prepare your application. Print out this PDF as you prepare your grant for a quick checklist of your progress.
Invest In Your Community
P.O. Box 81
Platteville, WI 53818
Advisory Board Members
The Fund is advised by a committee of community volunteers who initiate fundraising activities and determine grant awards:Kyle Vesperman, Chair
Daniel Glass, Vice Chair
Dana Straka, Secretary